Name of your house
What's in a name? -Auspicious choices bring good luck to residents
Naming homes is becoming very popular with the increase in home ownership. It gives an impression of welcoming the visitor. When it is difficult to find your home, a visitor may overshoot the premises. According to vaastu, it can indicate missed opportunities. So draw attention to your home with a beautiful house name, along with a house sign at the entrance to your property in a welcoming way.
People in western countries name their homes based on certain themes like birds, animals, locations and trees. For instance, orchid home, cucu villa, hill view, sea castle etc. In India, people tend to name their house after holy river, holy places, parents, god and goddess. An auspicious and lucky name brings good luck and success to the occupants. People in such a home feel more positive and are able to attract abundance in their life.
Consider the following points before naming your home:
1. Avoid duplicating a name that already exist in your area or surroundings.
2. Use a name which has some personal significance.
3. Select a unique and attractive one.
4. Name written on the door plate should be easily readable.
5. Name should ideally have a positive meaning to attract positiveness in your home
6. Colours used in the name plate should be selected based on the directions. There are different elements are associated with different directions.
7. Like colours, material used in making a name plate is equally important. Metallic name plates are very auspicious for the north facing homes.
8. Those who have a independant home or villa can display their house name near the gate and people living in the apartment may create a space near the door.
Your home is one of your biggest assets as well as your shelter..
Ideally you want a name to be proud of and that has some local or personal significance. Above all, any new name given should be suitable and well-chosen.