Case Study, House in Ghatkopar, Mumbai
Vastu Shastra is an authentic, ancient system of art and science practices that consists of a set of beliefs and rules regarding the internal and external environment of a person living. Vaastu system can simply be understood as the guidelines for living harmoniously with the physical environment. One of our clients in the Ghatkopar forwarded me a floor plan of the independent house and asked us to provide some useful Vastu guidance. Planning of the house was for the three families including a study area for the children which were a difficult task. It was almost difficult to align the room according to Vastu.
- The underground water tank is located in the N-E axis line. As per the Vastu water tank should be dug on the right or left side of the N-E axis. Either it should be shifted to true location or needs a strong correction.
- The seating arrangement in the living area is almost acceptable yet needs a re-planning. The living room should have a happy energy.
- The Kitchen was truly located in the south-east zone, most noteworthy in a fire element area. kitchens represent prosperity, nourishment, and health.
- The Septic connecting tank has been placed in the south-west zone. Depression in the south-west is a serious fault.
- A Wall unit in the east is blocking the positive flow of energy. This will block the morning sun rays.
- House is longer in the east-west axis. As a result, it will have more sun exposure to the house.
- The internal arrangement in the toilets is found to be faulty.
Since major construction was already done, there was limited scope for the physical changes in the residence.