Vastu Shastra for Main Door/Entrance
According to vastu, the main door or entrance (main gate) has been accorded prime importance as it lets in or keeps out the vital life-giving force that promotes Health, Wealth, Harmony, and also good Luck.
Urja (energy) enters the house through doors and windows. However, the front door of your house is where the major part of energy enters. Therefore main door according to Vastu plays an important role in determining the flow of vibrations experienced by the household.
It is auspicious to have main entrance in the positive block according to vastu grid layout. Wherever the entrance of any home or building is in the positive location, the residents enjoy better health, increasing prosperity, and harmonious relations with others. Wherever houses are facing in negative zones , vastu correction remedies are necessary to avoid negative impact. Correction of door in negative zone can be rectified with simple vastu corrections It should be done under the guidance of experienced vastu expert.
Following house has a main door in east ( zone E4 ). According to vastu purush grid, it makes family enjoying happier life, abundance in business or job and harmony all the time.
Bullet Points on Front entrance
- The Main Door should open completely. Due to the shoe rack or furniture behind the door in some of the houses, the entrance is not able to open completely. In such a situation the energy is not able to enter in to the house completely. Such house will have short supply of the required energy. It will lead to a limited opportunities and poor luck to the occupants residing. Make sure that your house entrance open at 90 degree paving way to the energy to circulate in without hindrance. Main door for the entire building as well as individual house need to consider while evaluating the door effects.
- The house should not have cracking sounds from hinges while opening the main door. It is “Swar Vedha” according to the vastu. A sticky door may indicate that something is not working in your life or that you feel stuck or irritated by something.
- The entrance area should be neat and clean and avoid having a dustbin near the entrance. Your Main Door should open in clock wise direction. Door opening in anti-clock direction causes delay in work, slow progress and difference of opinion among the family members.
- The entrance door of the house should be larger than the other doors inside the house.
- When one enters the house, there should not be a wall in front of the entrance. There should be a door that opens to the next room or open space immediately after entering in to the room. Any shadow e.g. shadow of tree, building, temple, etc. should not fall on the main door.
- It is good to decorate a house’s entrance with pictures or statues of Lakshmi, Ganesha or auspicious signs such as Asthamangal strip, OM or the Swastika.
- Inauspicious pictures or art work should not be placed on the door.
- Shoes should not be kept in front of the door, but to placed in the shoe box. Open shoes near the entrance creates poor energy.
- Staircase in front of the main door impacts positively or negatively based on its location. It is myth that staircase going down is inauspicious for all main door directions.
- The main door of the house should not be below ground level. There should not be an underground water tank, septic tank, or canal under the main entrance. There should not be any abandoned, wrecked buildings in front of the main entrance. Such situations are highly inauspicious.
- The Main Door should not have cracks. As per vasthu shastra it is indeed very inauspicious to have the main door in unwelcoming condition.
Enhance your Front entrance
- Doors should have thresholds preferably made in marble or wood. Display two pair of auspicious Lakshmi charan or steps on both the side of threshold to invite Lakshmiji, a goddess of wealth.
- Anything connected with your religion, such as a Yantra, a Ganesh idol, a cross or scriptures from the Quran should be placed above the front door.
- Enhance your front entrance by putting 3 copper coins under the threshold for door facing south or east.
- Improve the front entrance with 3 queen silver coins under the threshold for door facing west or north.
- Use colourful door mat with beautiful message at the front entrance.
Vastu Consultant Mumbai, Read Case Study