Vastu Shastra for Residential Project
Living in harmony with nature has always been a practical necessity for people all over the world. Harmony (Vastu) and beauty (Architecture) – literally play a major theme when making a buying decision for a new home or business place.
Vastu is an ancient Vedic system of construction. The buyer prefers to check Vastu for a residential project before investing in the property. Real estate investment is a big decision from a buyer’s point of view. The building, a manmade structure should be in harmony with the natural law of the universe.
What is the buyers’ preference for a residential project?
Buying a property can be one of the biggest decisions in life. Whether a person buys a home or a business location, it is immensely valuable for him to know the vibrations of the house he is buying. The buyer will focus on the properties, the ones that will bring him tranquility, beneficial energy, abundance, and good prosperity.
A home buyer gets in to drive for searching a new home and does a little bit of research from Vastu’s point of view along with location, connectivity, amenities, and neighbors. Even if it is a second home or weekend home, basic Vastu is a top priority for many buyers.
What is the Vastu score of the house?
Based on Vastu Shastra principles, the score of the property as well as the individual apartment is calculated.
A Vastu house evaluation is performed by looking at various aspects, such as the position and direction of the property.
In Vastu Shastra, the elements that comply with the guidelines are awarded the highest marks, and the property, as well as the individual house’s overall rating, is determined accordingly.
Most buyer prefers property with a Vastu score of A+, A, B++, and B+.
Construction Companies when planning for a new residential project
When launching a new project, you make sure that it should be feasible, viable, and commercially sound. When you have added the Vastu element in your project, you could be confident that you’re making the most of your investment with proven steps. Now many luxury building projects have started including Vastu elements in their amenities and floor layout.
Most people prefer to buy a home that has been designed as per Vastu. House layout if not according to Vastu may impact of attractive price and ideal location of the property. It also happens that people make an offer but do not turn back.
Nowadays many construction companies implement basic principles in their layout. They try to avoid creating negative zones. Sometimes Vastu principles limit the scope of the design but 70% of the Vastu is also okay with most of the buyers. However, later the owner if desires for some alterations within his/her own house can make the same without disturbing the main structure.
Vastu timing for a residential project- best time to connect Vastu
For the construction companies, an ideal time for the Vastu application is when a new building project is still in its very early stages, before the plans are finalized, before it gets final planning permission, and certainly before you start pouring concrete.
The earlier you think about the Vastu aspects of your residential project, the more benefit you have. ( project completion in time, faster sales, fewer casualties, etc.). In any size of plot, Vaastu can be applied with simple and effective Vastu principles.
Important points to be considered while following Vastu shastra for Residential/Home/House Project
Residential project Vastu (Plot Vastu) stage-1
- Project surrounding road, waterbody, hill, religious place, etc.
- The shapes of the Residential plot – Rectangular, Square, Gaumukhi(cow face), Singhmukhi(lion face), etc
- Project Location
- Plot leveling
- Project site office
- Plot Boundary
Residential Vastu Construction (Project Vastu) stage-2
- Location of the Underground & Overhead Water Tank & Pump House / Room.
- Storage house for cement, steel, etc.
- Location of the Car Parking
- Power location i.e. transformer, electric room, DG room, etc.
- Location of the Community Hall
- Location of the Swimming Pool
- The direction of the Borewell
- Zone of tranquility -Temple as well as meditation area
- Location of the Sewage Systems
- Location of the Powerhouse & Electricity room
- Rooms for the Labour quarters
- Location of the Clubhouse or gym or podium
- Green zone-Trees, Plantation, and Garden Area
- Location of the Security Guards Room
Residential Vastu Construction (Final Vastu) stage-3
- The shape of the House or Building
- Colors of Exteriors as well as Interiors
- Location of Building Entrance
- Building internal layout
- Location of Stairs & Staircase
Why do some projects fail?
When you begin a project, you get really excited. You do research, plan well, gather a good team, and get to work. Somewhere down the line, things go wrong. There are missed deadlines. Work does not meet standards. Customers and employers are upset, to say the least. It is terrible.
Here, you need to check Vastu as well.
Following are some of the key reasons for the project’s failure or delay
- Location of the project on the T junction
- Location of fire element i.e. power, transformers, and electric panels in the northeast zone (this could increase project expenditure)
- Waterbody towards the southeast, south, or southwest
- Plot elevated higher towards the north or east
- The irregular shape of the plot i.e. missing or extended corners
- No breathing space i.e. lesser open space towards the east or north
Vastu corrections and remedies
Vastu practitioners use cures, also called adjustments, to shift the energy of a space and its inhabitants. The flow of energy can be redirected by altering aspects of the physical space in many of these adjustments.
A Vastu cure or correction is termed an ‘enhancer’ because it enhances the energy flow in your space and restores the balance of the five elements. The five elements are Fire, Water, Earth Space, and Wind. Whenever a sector of your space is negatively impacted by a missing element, it is important to restore the balance of the elements in your location.
A missing Vastu element can be balanced by another element in a specific sector of your project or one that is overactive can be balanced by an element from one of the other elements.
Less expensive remedies can be used to make simple corrections that are highly effective.
Few Vastu tools
- Geomancy pyramids.
- Vastu metal partition strips
- Crystal dividers.
- Crystal walls.
- Copper & metal bricks.
- Shifting arrows.
- Energy Plates.
- Energy grids
- Rocks and quartz
Benefits of Vastu Corrections
- Timely completion of the project
- Speedy sale
- Satisfied buyers
- A more peaceful feeling will be created in your space.
- A quality of vibes is enhanced within your space, thus making occupants feel blessed.
- You are protected from the negative influences of Vastu defects.
Click here to read our Vastu article on the redevelopment project
This is a case study of an unfinished project located in Mumbai. A project was getting delayed due to frequent obstacles on account of permission and labor shortage. We have surveyed the project for the Vastu consultation and made the following observations:-
- The main gate of the project was located in the inauspicious direction.
- Lots of construction materials including cement and steel were found in the Northeast zone of the project
- A space purification of the plot was not performed before starting the project
- Close the existing gate located towards the southwest.
- Open a new gate towards the southeast (zone-4) without any delay.
- Remove construction material from the northeast and shift towards the south-west as well as north-west.
- Brings water elements towards the northeast. A bore well and underground water tank will
The unfinished project has completed within six months and the owner was able to sell all units at a good price.
We have provided Vastu services on various residential projects in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Karnataka, Umbergaon, Ankleshwar, Boisar, Palghar, Vishakhapatnam, Goa, Valsad, Lonavala, Nagpur, Chiplun, jaisalmerPune, Cochin, etc. Please note that Vastu results may vary from one site to another. Vastu Shastra is just a guideline. It is up to you to make the best use of opportunities that comes your way. Contact team vastuplus, if you are planning for a new residential project.