Vastu for Griha Pravesh – House warming
Explanation, suggestions, and guidelines for all the steps right from the selection of a site to the construction of the house and of location and positions of the rooms and house is found in Vaastu Shastra. Ancient culture and scriptures guide us to plan and build a house, temple or even town with all required amenities for the benefit and comfort of mankind.
Vastu for Griha Pravesh
One of the most important occasions for the newly built house is a ceremony of Housewarming i.e. Griha Pravesh. Once the house is ready, the owner with his family moves to the new house by performing a housewarming ceremony. It is also an occasion for the hosts to present their new home to their relatives and friends.
According to the Scriptures, there are three types of Griha Pravesh:
Apoorva: This is for a newly constructed house. It is the first entry to a newly constructed house. This is Apoorva Griha Pravesh as per Vastu.
Sapoorva: This is for an already existing house. When traveling abroad for a long time or migrating somewhere else. This is Sapoorva Griha Pravesh.
Dwandwah: This kind of Griha Pravesh is for an entry into a house to after reconstruction or renovation on account of damage by fire, flood waters, electricity, wind etc.
Following a few mentioned important points should be considered while moving into a new house. If not followed, they can bring obstacles and miseries to the occupant and his family. Therefore, conisder living in a new house only after all important rituals are complete as per the procedure in ancient scriptures.
Following are key suggestion as per Vastu for Griha Pravesh:-
- Make sure that house is ready and fitted with the doors and shutters.
- The roof should be covered.
- Worshi vastu purusha and other gods and offer sacrifices.
- Offer a feast to the priests.
- Avoid performing house-warming ceremony when the lady of the house is pregnant.
- Perform two important ceremonies during the Griha Pravesh i.e. Vastu pooja and Vastu Shanti. Consider these two poojas very essential.
- Move in to the new house once the house-warming ceremony has been performed.
- Avoid locking the house for minimum three days. Else is it highly inauspicious.
Read article on : Guidelines for shifting in to New Home