Vastu for Griha Pravesh – House warming
Explanation, suggestions, and guidelines for all the steps right from the selection of a site to the construction of the house and of the location and positions of the rooms and house found in Vaastu Shastra. Ancient culture and scriptures guide us to plan and build a house, temple, or even town with all the required amenities for the benefit and comfort of mankind.
Vastu for Griha Pravesh
One of the most important occasions for the newly built house is a ceremony of Housewarming i.e. Griha Pravesh. Once the house is ready, the owner with his family moves to the new house by performing a housewarming ceremony. It is also an occasion for the hosts to present their new home to their relatives and friends.
According to the Scriptures, there are three types of Griha Pravesh:
Apoorva: This is for a newly constructed house. It is the first entry to a newly constructed house. This is Apoorva Griha Pravesh as per Vastu.
Sapoorva: This is for an already existing house. When traveling abroad for a long time or migrating somewhere else. This is Sapoorva Griha Pravesh.
Dwandwah: This kind of Griha Pravesh is for an entry into a house after reconstruction or renovation on account of damage by fire, flood waters, electricity, wind, etc.
Following a few mentioned important points should be considered while moving into a new house. If not followed, they can bring obstacles and miseries to the occupant and his family. Therefore, consider living in a new house only after all important rituals are complete as per the procedure in ancient scriptures.
Following are key suggestions as per Vastu for Griha Pravesh:-
- Make sure that house is ready and fitted with the doors and shutters.
- The roof should be covered.
- Worship Vastu Purusha and other gods and offer sacrifices.
- Offer a feast to the priests.
- Avoid performing a housewarming ceremony when the lady of the house is pregnant.
- Perform two important ceremonies during the Griha Pravesh i.e. Vastu pooja and Vastu Shanti. Consider these two poojas very essential.
- Move into the new house once the housewarming ceremony has been performed or stay overnight on the day of griha pravesha.
- Avoid locking the house on the day of griha pravesha.
- Have the first meal together with all family members.
Read the article: Guidelines for Shifting into New Home