Vastu Purusha Mandala
The Vastu Purusha Mandala is It is the metaphysical plan of a building that incorporates the coursly bodies and supernatural forces. Purusha refers to an Energy, Soul or Universal Principle. Mandala is the generic name for any plan or chart which symbolically represents the cosmos. Vastu Purush is worshiped during the five stages of the constructions i.e. Plot demarcation, Space clearing (Bhoomi Shodhan), Door installation, Laying Stone for Foundation and on the day of house warming.
For construction of town, village or fort, vastu purush is worshiped on 64 squares (pada) grid
For construction of the house, 81 square (pada) grid of vastu purush is worshipped
For temple, 100 Square (pada) grid is worshipped
In Vastu purush mandala , the square grid (pada) are associated with certain deities.
• North – Lord Kubera – Ruled by lord of wealth (Money)
• South – Lord Yama – Ruled by lord of death (Death)
• East – Lord Indra – Ruled by the solar deity- (Prosperity)
• West – Lord Varuna – Ruled by lord of water (Physical)
• North-East – Lord Shiva – Ruled by Shiva (Divine)
• South-East – Lord Agni – Ruled by the fire deity (Energy)
• North-West -Lord Vayu – Ruled Lord of Air (Travelling)
• South-West – Goddess Nairuti – Ruled by ancestors (ancestors blessing)
• Center – Lord Brahma – Rules by the creator of the universe (balancing)
Vastu Purush,Vastu purusha,Vastu purusha mandala