An office at home – Working from home
Many home-based professionals and entrepreneurs find that working at home helps them to be more productive. With lesser time to spend on commuting, there is more time available to work. Home offices are a relatively new trend where the person set up a working area in the corner of the bedroom, on the dining room table, corner of passage or maybe in the guest bedroom. Some of these locations are excellent places for a home office, but others are not so good from the vaastu point of view.
Here are some of the guidelines to keep in mind for using your home as a workspace
- If you are a professional, it is best to have a space that is used only for that purpose to keep work and home energies as separate as possible.
- The north area of your home office is a zone of your career or business. Place an image of a goal or dream that you wish to achieve in the near future.
- Colors, pictures, and idols placed in the home office should make you happy, appreciated and creative.
- The south-east area of the home office represents a fire element and is the best place to keep computer, lights or lamp. Do not keep water feature like a fountain at the south-east corner.
- Position your desk or working table in such a way that you face east or north while working.
- A clutter-free environment at the home office will help you to avoid any procrastination. You will be surprised how much better, more enthusiastic and, energetic you will feel at work.
The following areas are not suitable for a home office:
- Brahmasthan (center of the home). According to Vaastu Shastra, this should be kept empty and without any obstacles. Working at the center of the house brings too much pressure in personal and professional life.
- According to Vaastu, the north-east direction should be kept more open and without any heavy stuff.
- Home office at the northeast of your entire house brings more responsibilities and poor output.
- Keep a water pyramid near northeast corner to enhance for more success,
- Office desk sharing a wall with a toilet on the other side is not a good location.
- Using natural quartz rough rock near your desk also improves the positive energy around your desk
- Finally, a home office below the staircase of a duplex makes it difficult to concentrate.
- Your desk should be neat & clean at the end of the day
Vastu Consultant Lonavala Read Case Study