An office at home – Working from home
Work from home- Vastu guidelines-Article published in Newspaper
Many home-based professionals and entrepreneurs find that working at home helps them to be more productive. With lesser time to spend commuting, there is more time available to work. Home offices are a relatively new trend where the person sets up a working area in the corner of the bedroom, on the dining room table, corner of the passage, or maybe in the guest bedroom. Some of these locations are excellent places for a home office, but others are not so good from the Vaastu point of view.
The pandemic sweeping the world has made it difficult for people to commute to work, as they are trying their best not to spread COVID-19. Working at the office is not possible now because of this current situation, but working remotely has turned out to be surprisingly productive for many so far. Ever wonder if you could do your work from home and still be happy? With simple Vastu guidelines, it’s possible! You can actually make a space in your house that is conducive to creativity.
According to data from the CoSo cloud, 77% of employees report being more productive at home. They also say 30% of people save $5240 per year by telecommuting.
Flexlobs says people who work remotely earn an average of $4000 more per year.
Here are some of the guidelines to keep in mind for using your home as a workspace
- If you are a professional, it is best to have a space that is used only for that purpose to keep work and home energies as separate as possible.
- The north area of your home office is a zone of your career or business. Place an image of a goal or dream that you wish to achieve in the near future.
- Colors, pictures, and idols placed in the home office should make you happy, appreciated, and creative.
- The southeast area of the home office represents a fire element and is the best place to keep a computer, lights, or lamp. Do not keep water features like a fountain at the southeast corner.
- Position your desk or working table in such a way that you face east or north while working. These both are power directions. It illuminates your work.
- Place your desk so you have a solid wall behind you. Also, avoid seating with door towards your back. Else, you could find yourself the victim of office politics and backstabbing.
- A clutter-free environment at the home office will help you to avoid any procrastination. You will be surprised how much better, more enthusiastic and, energetic you will feel at work.
The following areas are not suitable for a home office:
- Brahmasthan (center of the home). According to Vaastu Shastra, this should be kept empty, and without any obstacles. Working at the center of the house brings too much pressure in personal as well as professional life.
- According to Vaastu, the north-east direction should be kept more open and without any heavy stuff. Also do not clutter your desk towards the northeast.
- The home office in the northeast zone brings more responsibility than its fair share, and in turn, you may find yourself not getting as much work done. This location is more stressful and taxing on productivity. The northeast corner of your house is a high-pressure workplace for office jobs that don’t foster creativity or productivity.
- For best results in your working space, keep a water object near the northeast corner. It is aligned to both divine and earthly elements making it perfect for any type of work you need to be done!
- The office desk that shares a wall with the toilet on one side is not auspicious as per Vastu. Use Vastu partitions to separate the energies.
- Use some natural quartz rough rock near your desk. It improves the positive energy around your desk. Your work will get noticed by a higher team.
- A home office below the staircase makes it difficult to concentrate. A flow of energy is highly disturbing at such location.
- Finally, A clean desk is a productive one. If you find yourself getting distracted or frustrated, try tidying up your space. A neat and tidy workspace has been shown to increase productivity by 40 to 50%. It’s important to tidy your desk at the end of every day, so you can start fresh in the morning.
Advantage of work from home
- Remote working saves lots of travel time.
- Lots of unnecessary meetings can be scraped.
- You can structure your day with ease.
- It has been found that people are more productive at home than in their offices.
- It is the joy of having control of your own time.
- Working from home gives you the advantage of working harder as well as for longer hours.
Vastu Consultant Lonavala Read Case Study